Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I love my sister!


Any of you who have had the gift of meeting my sister, Taira, you know what I'm talking about. She is so generous, loving, and fun. She helps me when I need it most. Okay, so maybe there's a little co-dependence going on....but it's hard to separate our lives. And I don't want to!

Here is a picture of Taira taken at a baseball game last summer. It was so Taira, the funky hair thing, the mardi gras beads, the big smile....

She is struggling, as I am, to go on with our lives. We poured our heart and soul into the store. It was ours together. And it hurts to see it gone. Did it really matter to anyone but us? I think it did. I want to do a scrapbook about the store, and how it touched other peoples lives. If you want to contribute, let me know. Maybe we'll do one of those books - like a circle journal (wow, almost couldn't remember the name of it anymore).

I got to see Candy, Lynzee, Brianna, Danielle, Christina, Jori, and Sue at Lynzee's wedding on the 18th. It was very bittersweet. I didn't realize how much I missed everyone, and how I was avoiding them to avoid the painful memories. Why can't I focus on the good ones? I cried all over Candy and Brianna, I miss them so much, and I have such mixed emotions when I see them. I feel like I let everyone down. Now I am tearing up again. Will I ever heal from this?

I wish I had pictures of the girls, they were all so beautiful. And Candy was radiant, there's no other word for it. And Lynzee, truly the beautiful, regal princess with her court of ladies. All the beautiful lavender and purple! And the bouquets were gorgeous, I wanted to take one home!

I danced with my husband for the first time in probably 10 years. And had a great time dancing with the girls to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy". Funny how that song sticks with me, even though it's nasty ole' country music!

I have a real need to reconnect with everyone. I think it's part of getting on with my life. So if you're reading this, leave me a note. I miss you all, and think about you often.

3 comments:

JenCoen said...

I miss you two SO much!! I miss all the girls! It feels so weird, not having a *home. Sad and Lonesome. I haven't stepped foot into another scrap store since December (for adhesive and cardstock). I just really miss seeing everyone I know. Just the connection. The interaction. The friday nights with *something to do. hehe! I would LOVE to be apart of a CJ. Hugs!!

Brianna said...

Alana... you are one of a kind! I know what you mean about seeing our old 'crew' and I think about the store often. Mostly I think about how much I loved being there... I looked forward to seeing all the girls and our favorite customers. But the thing that sticks out most was that no matter who it was, employee, customer, or friend, no matter how long they were gone and no matter how much time had passed since we'd last seen them, as soon as we got together it was like no time had passed at all. That's really how I felt seeing your family at the wedding. I miss you, Taira, Flo, Sundays with Lynzee, summers with Danielle, inventory with Sue and Sheryl, opening 'magical boxes' with Joni, laughing with Candy, dancing on the counter to THE Country Song at our farewell scrap, and the list goes on and on. But PLEASE don't feel that you ever let us down! Replace that with knowing how many WONDERFUL friendships and memories you helped cultivate by opening the store and making it what it was - none of that could have hapened without YOU! I am DEFINITELY in on the store scrapbook (you mean I might actually have a reason to USE all of those supplies you helped me to 'collect' over 4 years:) and I think getting together more regularly would be an excellent idea. Please let me know if there is anything you need - after all, like Lynzee said, family is everything and I'll always consider myself a member of the Scrappin' Sisters Clan!

LOVE YOU!!!!
Brianna

Corinna said...

Hi Alana!!!!
I was so sad to hear that you closed the store too. Total Bummer!!!! I don't know what you have in mind regarding a book... but I would love to contribute. You guys were just the best! I loved being part of your team.... even if it was only for a short time. Let me know what I can do.

And as for some life advise... Change is hard. Loss is hard. Look to the Lord for strength. Find purpose in the center of your heart. And remember... the store as much as it was great... it didn't and doesn't define you. You and your sister are two of the most kind, loving, funny, sweet, generous... I could go on and on. ladies I have ever had the privilage to be associated with. I miss you and your sweet nature and your sisters contagious smile.
Thinking of you way up in Idaho.
(((((Hugs to both of you.... and Mom!)))))

My New Creative Adventure!

During the pandemic, we've all found different ways to keep ourselves busy, to avoid going out of our minds and avoid stress.  I have be...