Tuesday, April 25, 2006

CK Convention Chills and Thrills

I had tons of fun at the convention! The first day was some cool classes, then lots of fun at the Crop with Joni, Mom, and Taira. And who could forget Kim Kesti's "Sob contest"?

Saturday I had a hard time getting excited about more classes, but my first one was taught by Laurie Stamas (which is why I took it). Way cool book using Junkitz Salsa collection! The Scrap Daddy class was lame, unless you like lots of cutting. But the class kit was cool, so I skipped. Ran into Candy, Lynzee, Jori (JR), Christina and gang at Sluggo's (for my 3rd meal there). Had lots of fun catching up and making plans to GO CROP!

Our third class was where the "chills" came in. I took a phone call which lasted half the class (thanks to my dear sweet Evan). Since I had no chance of catching up, I started looking at the class kit. I noticed that the Vintage Hip letters packaging was like a giant tag. So I thought, hmmmm....great way to make a book! Taira got all excited about it, so we started working on it. Jodi from Making Memories was checking it out, and when we finished we showed it to Margie. Well, she freaked out! She totally embarrassed me showing it to the class! But then I got a free Idea Book, Decorate Life: Scrapbooks. She also gave us some more class kits. Then she posted our picture on the MM Blog:

Hangin' out with Making Memories

Too fun! Thanks Margie and Jodi!

Also got to catch up with my dear friend Erika, and talk to Leslie Miller from CK! And check out Becky H's cute little girl, who is seriously the most beautiful little baby I've ever seen.

Great weekend, great inspiration!

No comments:

My New Creative Adventure!

During the pandemic, we've all found different ways to keep ourselves busy, to avoid going out of our minds and avoid stress.  I have be...